Wednesday, February 2

Add a generous portion and spread thinly...

I apologize to any of you to which this blog serves a similar purpose as a brisk morning jog, a hot cup of coffee, or a relaxing bedtime story. Most unfortunately for the lot of you, I have become fairly taken with my studies this semester (whether voluntarily or no, I dare not say). As such, I find it difficult to make time to write here, and even when I do steal a moment for the good of the blog, the thoughts that I attempt to put down here come out bland and chalky as it seems my udder of creativity has run dry.
As such, please accept my invitation to view the blogs of my friends (links at right) as a supplement to my usual blogging habits until such a time as it is more lucrative to check this one. You might take a gander at Jason, a struggling artist/computer geek who has a pointed interest in space exploration. Or there's Katie, a former-Floridian and cat lover who finds herself navigating life in the Windy City -- and survives to recount the tale to you! Or you could give Logan a try -- his prose and pictoral illustrations are destined to entertain you far more than mine ever have. Or Hannah, my fellow creative-writing major who in high school found herself testing the amount of energy contained in various brands of french fries. Of course, there's also Skippy who, it should be said, enjoys gnomes, Boulevard Wheat, and sharing fun pictures from her European adventure with you -- all of which are wonderful things. My dear friend Jessica will no doubt provide you with countless welcome diversions to your otherwise bleak and bleary days as you scroll through her posts. You could also consider clicking over to my little brother David's blog even though he never updates. Still, you might find his thoughts from the day after Christmas particularly insightful, and there I would have to agree with you. Laura, who has the newest link on the list, emblazens in our minds wonderful images of life in imagesque central Missouri. And then of course there's the oft overlooked but never underappreciated knowledge given us from the visionary minds of Carson & Friends in their blog, Common Exception.
So, my friends, if you find yourselves down in this season of sparse blogging from yours truly: know that there will always be other venues for you to turn. And rest assured that I will still be here for you -- faithfully and truthfully recounting to you the most interesting and most incendiary stories from my daily life as they make themselves apparent.

No comments: