Thursday, February 21

If I'd wanted this much sun, I'd have moved to California.

... or is Florida the "Sunshine State"? Because you couldn't pay me to live there. But I digress...

I was trying to count today how many days of sunshine we've had in a row, and it took both of my hands to do it, which makes me happy, because as much as I was starting to fancy myself a cave dwelling, darkness-loving, vampire type who could only properly function in a near total greyness, this near week's worth of sunshine has really done it's work and improved my spirits almost tenfold. I find myself motivated to look for jobs, anxious to explore Seattle, and able to encounter small children without my usual impulsive desire to cower in a corner until their cooing, gurgly presence is well outside of my sphere of consciousness. Which is a definite improvement.

I've also come to realize that, as blogging about my experiences wherever I am is about the only mode in which I truly write anymore, I ought to do it more often. Who knows if that means it'll actually happen or not. Let's find out... TOGETHER!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, the sun has been incredible in Portland as well. Too bad it's supposed to slip back into winter rain again soon... I'm telling you though, you can't live in Seattle and not stay to see the summer- it's really that good.