Sunday, February 27

Dear Anonymous,

For those of you who've been around awhile, it might be a bit redundant for me to tell you that I was less than happy about the outcome of this last year's Presidential election. For the rest of you, if you're curious, you can direct yourselves to the first few posts from November 2004 (found in the "Archives" section of the sidebar to your right). If you do go there and read them, you might notice a comment by an Anonymous individual that has been made on November 3rd's post. This comment was made only days ago, and so to the person who wrote this comment, I want to thank you first for slogging your way through my weblog for so long -- you no doubt must have found my thoughts and ramblings enjoyable, at least until you realized that I am ProChoice. Second, I am glad that my feelings on the matter spurred you to such an empassioned response. No doubt you won't read these commendations, but I give them to you nonetheless.

Now, to those of you who've been around, you know that I am not one to publicly display my viewpoints on politics and other hot topics unless I am in the comfort of my close circle of friends, most of who disagree with me. So, when I do get pissed off about something, I come here to vent, and, despite the fact that my posts seem to be addressed to a nondescript group of readers, I never really write for the express purpose of making you all read, understand, and agree with what I have to say. This thing is for me, a place where I can express my thoughts and feelings and hopefully gain a better understanding of them in the process. So forgive me if I feel a bit affronted if I am accused of "parading my diseased liberalmania."

I would like to offer a rebuttal of sorts, not really so much to try and prove this sonofabitch wrong, but more to clarify what I said back on that fateful early November night, at the beginning of what I feel to be the downfall of the world as we know it. In only one instance, my stance has changed completely, and I will let you know what it is and why. Before I begin, though, I want to let you know that I'm not approaching this with the whole "I respect your opinion and we are all entitled to believe what we want to believe" because, well, this is MY blog, and I think you're fucking wrong. If I would have given you a link to it or sent you an e-mail saying "DUDE You GOTTA READ MY BLOG!!" through your NRA listserv, then circumstances might be different, but yeah. So...

1. Sorry, all you "dumb REDS who work for conspiratorial, mean, nasty corporations", but you're not going to what you're all "really secretly rooting for" -- Unfortunately, I'm no longer planning on leaving America for distant, free-thinking borders. This was the one part of my position I've changed on -- the statement was "driven more by emotion than rationale" and so it naturally changed as time had it's whole numbing effect.

2. When I implicitly claimed that abortion was evil, I did so not to align myself with that particular view, but rather to align those of that particular view with my argument. Shady, I know.

3. When I say that "a lot more people are going to be killed" if abortion is made illegal (which will never happen because it remains too crucial a platform for Republicans, and one by which they win a significant number of votes) I don't presume to say that hundreds of thousands more pregnant women are going to flood the back alleys with coat hangers and vaccuum cleaners out of that sheer "thrill" of breaking the law a la. the whole legalization-of-marijuana-arguement, but those women who do go into back alleys to attempt illegal abortion will be doing it without medical supervision, and it will result in not only the abortion of a potential life but also the killing of a grown woman. I will admit that abortion should not be the primary solution for any unwilling mother -- but I think that it should be one solution and that it is the mother's business, and not yours, Anonymous, nor mine, what she should do with her own body. I could go on and on about this, and so could you and anyone else in the world who has any view on the matter of abortion. It's exhausting. It's been done. And after this post, it won't be done here.

4. I want to retouch on the accusation that I "parade my diseased liberalmania". It's that line that prompted me to create this whole post in the first place; it's ignorant, it's contradictory, and it's plain fucking wrong. I didn't go on your site to give you my views, and yet you felt it okay to come to mine and cum your filthy conservative-jizz all over my BLUE face? Hmmm....

Yeah, didn't really know how to end that whole metaphor.

I do have a question for Anonymous or anyone who knows Anonymous or agrees with him/her... I don't quite understand the rationalization of his idea that "the justification for an action should not be dictated by the supposed consequence of an action" even given his/her evanescent example ("Ex. - I should tell the truth whether it embarrasses me or not"). To me, this doesn't make any sense. How else are we to justify our actions if not by what we perceive to be their outcome? If this line of thinking is that of a child, then I would by all means rather be a kid than an grown and yet ignorant fool.

I had a post similar to this written closer to the fact, but unfortunately the "internets" were malfunctioning. Hopefully I didn't make you all too afraid of me or further ostracize those who are in civil disagreement with many or all my viewpoints.

Comments, anyone?

2 comments:

Jason said...

Did you mean to blog this five times? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I just hate everyone at this point. Why bother hating just ONE side because they are completely intolerant of the other when the OTHER is JUST as intolerant of the first?

It's maddening. Thus, I offer my undying hatred to all those who hate the Other Side... this way, you can all join a mutual hatred of me (a new Other Side), and that will give you something on which you can all agree.

"A kiss to build a dream on..."

Seriously, am I just way ahead of the curve, or is it high time that we start having "revolutionary" thinkers promoting a more unified America through the appreciation of our differences and mutual respect for one anothers differing worldviews?

Nah, fuck it. I still hate you guys. (Not you guys in particular, well, yeah. You guys too. Sorry.)

BUT MICHAEL! You must come to town soon for Chicken Fried Steak Night™!!! I have a small enclave of erudite, charming and witty friends that you would enjoy immensely.

Love, er... Hate,

Anonypotamus