Tuesday, August 21

I'm still laying in bed, semi-avoiding going to work, semi-cognizant of the fact that there's really no reason for me to be in so "early" this morning since I finished almost everything last night, and semi-unexcited about the fact that I have to shave (shaving... what a pain in the ass!)

I was laying here thinking that I really want some pumpkin ice cream from ColdStone.... Jesus that sounds good. I wonder when they start selling that again. I'll have to look it up when I'm at work.

I also need to get a haircut, mainly because I can't find a styling product that I can tolerate when my hair's this length. Right now I'm switching between some cheap-o Suave hair gel, which doesn't really have any effect other than to make me slightly less frizzy (and smells kind of funny) and my American Crew Matte Styling Putty, which is this sticky white goop that holds my hair well, but also makes it hurt as though I'd dipped my hair in glue and then adhered a small, hair-pulling child to my scalp. Plus, when my hair's this long, I can't just forego showering for a day... which, on mornings like this one, would be nice. Because I really want to know when that pumpkin ice cream comes out.

BUT to get my hair cut, I have to find a place that's open. In my adulthood, I have come to favor any of the myriad generic hair salons that don't really promise good service to anyone who doesn't think the name says it all (Great Clips, Super Cuts, Awesome Hackjobs... you know what I mean.) There's just something about a somber, uninviting, silent woman cutting my hair that I prefer over a chatty Cathy who tries to get me talking about sports (because she's the type of woman who's proud she can relate to males) or the weather (because she has nothing else to talk about.) I used to like it when I had a friend who cut my hair because we used to gossip about people we knew and that was fun... but I suppose the only way I could have a situation like that again is to as a friend where they go and then become a regular. You'd think I would have gotten over this after having my hair cut a few times in China, buuuut no.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All this time, you've been updating over here, and I had no idea. I feel cheated.
Also, I'm starting a salon called Awesome Hackjobs.