Wednesday, October 3

Second thoughts? Naaaa...

Is it weird that two days before I'm slated to move to Seattle, I found a listing to teach English to adults in Beijing, and that upon reading it, I felt an honest-to-God sense of pull in that direction?

The answer is yes.

But that doesn't mean I'm actually going to do it. Not yet anyway. It is, however, interesting to me how much I miss being in China... maybe because I love to travel... maybe because I loved not having any real responsibilities... maybe because I loved being treated like some white, overweight deity. Whatever the reason, I've at least come to the decision that I most likely will do the whole "abroad for a year" thing sometime in the future.

In the meantime, I'm finishing up my final edition of the paper, then packing up and setting sail (or... driving) for Seattle on Friday. Jessica and I have a place to live, so now the main obstacle is finding a job... which I'm reasonably (but not overly) concerned with.

1 comment:

Ms. Anheier said...

Hah. That would be disappointing for me if you did that and skipped out on Seattle. Anyway...I still really want to do it too. One of these days...