I've got thirty minutes before this battery dies, and I am not lugging my happy ass out of bed to plug my computer in, so I'll keep it short.
I'm laying here debating what I want to do (job-wise) when I get to Seattle. Serve people coffee? Write for a newspaper? Make pretty layouts for some magazine? Drive a school bus?
While some options are certainly more viable than others, I find myself pretty discouraged by the fact that chances are I won't be noticed even once I do apply. My feelings of overwhelmment aren't helped by the long queue of suggestions I've received regarding my occupational future. Some have been reasonable and helpful... such as looking into temp agencies and applying at coffeehouses (I've got an interview already lined up for my first day in Seattle.) Others have made me hopeful for jobs I have no chance of landing (even though I'd probably enjoy them the most... i.e. making layouts (or, in technical terms, graphic design). Some have been downright outlandish, like starting my own gift-basket arranging business...
... there are no words.
And what happens if, given my currently unfavorable debt-to-income ratio, coupled with the fact that I don't yet have a job lined up in Seattle, I am unable to rent an apartment? Then where does that leave me?
And how in the hell am I going to plan this whole damned garage sale AND produce two editions of The Spring Hill New Era, all while training my replacement, worrying about apartment hunting, and trying to find a way to tell my parents that I've decided that I am going to go on that roadtrip to Austin with my friends in a couple weeks after all without them blowing a gasket???
It all remains to be seen.
Logistics are a bitch.

1 comment:
Don't stress out too much about the long term goals right now, buddy. You're really talented and I know you'll find something to suit you perfectly. Focus on what you can get done in the meantime and the opportunities will present themselves in due time. (pacific time that is ;)
Post a Comment