Thursday, September 13

Good riddance... sorta

I'm moving to Seattle. I feel like when I put it in my blog, then it's official (right?) But yeah. Oct. 5 is the day I drive away from Kansas with nothing but my Civic and all the shit I can cram into it. Woot woot! Here's hoping it works out!

In an effort to earn myself some extra cash (or at least the gas money it'll take to get me out there), I'm holding my first ever bona fide Garage Sale. So the past few days I've been sorting through all my excess shit (there's a lot)... it's liberating!

Today I spent a good portion of my time uploading my CD collections to my computer so I can (try to) sell all of them. It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile, and in spite of the fact that most of them are late 90's pop music, I'm really excited to have so many more options on my iPod. Right now I am debating between Eagle Eye Cherry, Lit, and Sugar Way for the drive to work... although I just bought the new Rogue Wave album, so that'll probably supercede this temporary bout of nostalgia. Seriously, the past few days I've been driving around with my windows down (the weather's been PERFECT) listening to Tonic. It's like I never left high school!

Oh Jesus.

But yeah... I'm also selling some DVD's (GASP), books, a VCR, my Nintendo 64, and a bunch of other shit. Plus, Jessica and my parents are probably going to throw in some stuff (including my old student cello... don't worry, we're keeping the good one). So if you need some cheap used crap, you know where to stop by next Saturday.

1 comment:

creco1066 said...

Cheers to you about having a semi-nomadic existence. Cheers also on Seattle, which is beyond cool (it's also rainy and intermittently depressing, which are both extraordinarily conducive to writing). Salut.

Sidenote: Your blog's entertaining