Tuesday, September 4

Mixed media.

Are most people slaves to the media? Or just me? Because really, between my job at the newspaper, and a social life which, in the absence of friends in close-proximity, has come to consist of television, music, internet and video games, I don't have much else.

But anyway... I can't wait for Big Brother to be over, because A.) Jessica (from Wichita!) is getting evicted on Thursday and B.) it has officially taken over my life.

Also, Singing Bee. Is this not the single most entertaining half-hour (or, as was the case today, hour) currently on television??? I mean... the singing... the dancing... the all around non-"Who Wants to Be a Millionaire"ness of the whole thing... I defy anyone who thinks they can sit down to watch this show and not stand up beaming.

I'm loving "Twilight Princess." I'm about 25 hours in and I think I've only just passed the halfway point... but then I'm a Zelda completionist - one of those people who goes into every nook and cranny to find every damned piece of heart and rupee that the game can afford me. The only thing I don't like is that the graphics were obviously made for the Gamecube's capabilities, not the Wii's. But whatever.

And Rogue Wave. I can't wait for their new album, and if I'm living in Seattle in a month's time, I've definitely got to set aside some money to go to their concert (and if not, at least they're coming to Lawrence this fall!)

No comments: