I have been home for a few days now, and it's been pretty nice. I found old photo albums from my grandparents' house, and I have found it intensely interesting to go back and look at pictures of my mom and dad and brother and I from the 80's. Fun stuff. We were cute-ass kids. That's all.
Yesterday morning I went with David out to Kansas Speedway. I wore a straw cowboy hat that I purchased for the occasion. We watched a fairly exciting (in my opinion) IRL race... but David wanted to leave early, so we did. Apparently, we missed not only an exciting wreck, but also the second closest finish in IRL history. On an up note, I bought myself a lime green koozie.
I bought myself a Death Cab for Cutie album (Transatlanticism) and Sondre Lerche's album at Best Buy. My family and I had a pretty nice fourth of July; we went and watched fireworks from the parking lot of Toys 'R' Us... which was interesting. They were pretty decent. I found myself wondering how expensive it would be to put on one of those fireworks shows for my own personal enjoyment. Maybe when I am intensely wealthy, I will have an outstanding fireworks displays in my back yard for whenever mundane occurences occur, such as when I get home from the grocery store or when I am able to figure out how in the hell to work all the remote controls for the TV/digital cable/surround sound/DVD player.
We watched Master & Commander last night... my family really liked it. I would like to go see Spiderman 2 today, but apparently the days when my brother relied on me as his moviegoing partner have come and gone; he's already seen it, and I don't think he's all too driven to see it again. Bastard.
I think something big happens tomorrow, but I can't really remember what it is, so....... yeah.

No comments:
Post a Comment