Granted... a week isn't very long, but some of you I'm sure are wondering if I've fallen off the face of the earth (or died of alcohol poisoning). Neither of those are true, however, and hopefully this posting will clear that up.
I had my party. It went off without a hitch, except for the fact that I am now more poor than I've ever been. I took another online IQ test and scored a 148. According to that website, I fall into the category of "genius", which is edifying. However, I went into work and was talking to this kid who is a junior in high school, and his score on the same IQ test was 152. To confirm he was more intelligent than me, he related the fact that his ACT score was one point higher than my own. This kid was humble, yes... but even now, I can't help but convulse in hatred with the slightest thought of his red and yellow pock-marked face. I have much better skin than him. And I'm not annoying. (God help us if he reads this... he could easily find it, just as I found his Xanga.... what with his superior intellect and all.)
... or am I? I very well could be if you ask some of the people I've been working with the past couple of days. Ever since the whole Thomas fiasco, I have become a whole lot less tolerant with people who try to do the bare minimum just to get by when we are trying to close up Cold Stone. Last night, when they asked me if they could clock out, my reply was something like, "If that's what you want to do, that's fine. Whatever makes you happy."
How horrible! Hopefully tonight I'll be in better spirits, although I'm working with two girls who don't like eachother, so there's almost always drama... and since I have befriended both, I am stuck in the middle. with you.
Stuck in the middle with you.
Check out my friend Tim and Dave's blog. Its brilliance is uncanny; its wit, superb. If only they posted more frequently.

No comments:
Post a Comment