Wednesday, October 27

In the wake.

Ahhh it just stopped raining here, the land is cool, and we can all breath easier.

Similarly, my car is back, I am off my antibiotic, and I am generally more happy.

I was going to write one of my "lyrical" meandering posts but now I kind of just want to go to bed. SO... let me close with the story of my first encounter with a casino this Saturday night.

Over dinner at Gilio's, the new italian "bistro" in town, Kyle and I decided to go gambling as he has become quite addicted to Texas Hold'em. He took $46, so i took $40 and we drove down and got there at about 11:00. I played and lost all $40, mostly on slots and video poker, both of which are really depressing since you pretty much just drop your quarters in one by one over and over again. Then you look next to you and see the pros... old chain-smoking women, looking as though they've been doing it the majority of their adult life. So sad. But the sound in the casino more than makes up for it. The glittery, chimey, happy musical sound. Kyle played and lost $16 of his $46, so he did all right. We lasted about two hours, and partook of quite a bit of free soda, which I thought was very fine indeed.

Across the street, they're playing the Vanilla Sky soundtrack, so I'm going to hurry and try to fall asleep while it's still playing because we all know how much I love that soundtrack. Just wanted to say hey to y'all. Goodnight!

No comments: