I really don't have much to say about my Wii other than that I have formed an almost sick obsession for it... which is why I can't stop myself thinking of funny (to me) ways to use "Wii" in common catchphrases. All that aside, I usually fire it up two or three times a day, sometimes only to look at its gorgeous menu or browse the internet on its slow, somewhat cumbersome internet channel, or beat a few more levels of "Kirby's Adventure" (the old 8-bit game I was OBSESSED with as a child... an obsession that has carried over into my adulthood, apparently.) I've also been working on "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess", which is an amazing game.
I have to admit, though, that I'm not much of a gamer... I think there are two reasons for it. First, and less embarassingly, I feel like whenever I sit down and play a video game for a handfull of minutes (or, *gulp*, hours) I feel like its a monumental waste of my time... I feel this way because of the second reason I'm not a gamer... I don't really enjoy video games all that much. I mean, I like a game with a good story as much as anybody, particularly if its from one of the bubbly, happy game franchises like Mario and, to a certain extent, Zelda.
But, really, I get a little spooked by playing them. Even when I'm playing the most brightly-colored, non-realistic of digital confections, I find myself shaking in anticipation of the next happy little baddie lurking around the lollipop corner. It's pathetic... but, alas, it's true. And game like "Halo" or "Splinter Cell"? Fugheddaboutit... I think I'd have a heart attack!
There are two exceptions to this rule: The first is "God of War", which I started playing a couple weeks ago. It's dark and graphically violent... but it's also really fun... none of the tension of a first-person shooter where you have to lurk in the shadows, moving your control stick only slightly in hopes of not being found out by some giant monster. Which brings me to the second exception, the "Resident Evil" series. I can't actually PLAY those games without wetting myself, but watching others play them is enjoyable.
Long story short, I'm glad I bought a Wii, because it has more of the sugary (some might say "insipid") games my weak-ass gamer self can handle, and it also has plenty of "party" games... like "Mario Party", "Wii Play", "Wii Sports", etc. that can be played by up to like eight people at a time. We all know (or we should, anyway) how much I like to host parties and the like... so the fact that the best games on the Wii right now are its numerous mini-game collections makes it pretty much the perfect system for me.

1 comment:
You should try Doom 3- they basically sucked the nightmares from your childhood and make you play through them. With a gun, though...
Post a Comment