After much deliberation (none of which included me), it has been decided that although Rhonda the Honda has been totalled, steps should be taken to repair the damages to her rather than to purchase a new vehicle. This will make Rhonda a salvaged vehicle or, as I like to put it, a zombie. (Resident Evil: Apocalypse was pretty good, by the way). I therefore no longer feel it is appropriate to call my car by its former name. Whether or not I pick a new name is up in the air... I could always just have a nameless car. Thoughts?
In light of my increasing incapacity for higher thought, I dropped my Allegory in the Restoration and enrolled in Intro to Music, set to begin Tuesday and Thursday nights in Mid-October. Way to waste $500 and concurrently cheapen the quality of my education. Oh well. All my mom (and insurance company) looks at is the grades, and if I stayed in the Allegory class, mine would have indoubtedly suffered far beyond repair. Let's face it... I may be a gentleman, but I am no scholar. At least not at this point in my life.
Finally, I want to give a shoutout to someone who doesn't come to this site. Things are going very well in his life right now: great-paying new job, new "dream" car, new girlfriend... the list goes on and on. And while this friend of mine knows that I'm at what I like to call an "point of incertainty" in my life and that the last thing I need to hear about is how swimmingly his life is proceeding (while he hasn't had to put in a single credit hour of higher education), he continues to call me and tell me the good news semi-weekly. And I am proud of him... I really am. But I have to hear one more goddamned fraction of a sentence about how wonderful it is to be an Applebee's corporate trainer or how hot his new Mormon lust-bucket is or how great it is to have an SUV (the pinnacle of existence, to be sure), I might just have to shoot him. Then myself.
Somehow, though, I doubt I'd be given the same new lease on life as the Honda formerly known as Rhonda.

4 comments:
Michael. My friend Robyn was rear-ended this morning. I have fears that perhaps I am manifesting some lame new superpower that causes car wrecks to occur for people that I know.
I'm going to lock myself in the ultra-secret "Nacho Hut O' Solitude" in the vain hope that maybe, just maybe, this power is not so far-reaching as to affect the rest of you from the icy tundra of Montreal.
Crap. Ignore that last part. The Nacho Hut IS supposed to be a secret, after all.
I've got the perfect new name for your car- Rond..o! Not a shade of relation to it's former self.
Oooo. "Rondo"! Like "Rondo Calrissian" from Cloud City... a city where they NEED no cars!
Can you smell the irony?!?!? CAN YOU?!??!?
I'm smelling it loud and clear
Post a Comment