Thursday, October 28

Still ticking...

I've never spent so much time on the campus of Kansas State University as I did today - 8:00am till 10:30pm. I don't plan on doing it again any time soon either. On the upside, for my creative efforts in the College of Education's Education Symposium (I wrote a frothy script for the lunchtime entertainment), I recieved a $25.00 gift card.... to Hobby Lobby. Before I whine, let me say that $25.00 to Hobby Lobby is a pretty decent and thoughtful gift, as I expressed my excitement about Hobby Lobby to my boss and coworkers back in September when it opened. And I will admit, I do go there on occasion to browse. However, when people buy me such a gift,and then keep asking me shit"are you excited?!" "are you planning out everything you're going to buy?!" "you could get so many silk flowers!!!", I get a little bit offended. It's like they bought the dog a new playtoy, and now they're looking for its predictably inane reaction. It's so condescending (I can't think of the word I'm think of). I'M NOT GAY, PEOPLE!!! SILK FLOWERS?!?! First of all, I am not that tacky, and second of all.... WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! Out of fairness to myself, I ought to have burnt the card right there and then thrown it on the floor and pissed on it, all the while grunting like the virile and masculine man that I am. But then I thought of all the Christmas decorations I could buy, and so now I'm feeling a little better.

I carved pumpkins last night... two of them... both incredible likenesses of a couple members of ATHF. I'll attempt pictures before they rot in about four days.

We read Spanish screenplays in my Spanish class, and we are each assigned a couple of questions per film to answer in front of the class. For our current movie, "Hable con Ella" or "Talk to Her", my first question was number 14. Usually we get through about five questions a day, so when we finished off with number five last class time, I figured I'd be fine not reading. It will come as a surprise to you all when I tell you I figured wrong. So here I am, fantically trying to find exactly when the details of Lydia's relationship to her ex are revealed when I am called upon. My answer was something to the effect of "Ehm, no estoy seguro porque es muy dificil para decir. Lo siento." or "I'm not sure because it's very difficult to say. Sorry."

My oh my, the scholar I've become.

Also new: I am enrolled in my classes for next semester. They are:
- Harry Potter's Library
- Screenwriting
- Bloomsbury Group
and
- Short Story Workshop (which I'm technically not enrolled in, and there's a semi-good chance I won't be able to get in, so I'm just pretending for now. Call me Quixote.)

Loud drunk people blowing whistles outside my window means it's time for me to go to bed.

1 comment:

Mug Costanza said...

Dearest Michael,

My mind is tingling with anticipation regarding the speedy revelation of what you did indeed purchase at Hobby Lobby! Truly, were I any more excited, I fear I might bust right out of the new leggings I purchased only yesterday at the local Tall and Dandy store.

So, you say you did not purchase silk flowers (though I struggle to understand why); did you then purchase a gallon drum of Mod Podge? Some iron-on appliques with flowers and puppies and/or kittens? Ooo! Or perhaps a trio of the new Butterick Co. men's culottes patterns??

I can wait no longer! Share with us immediately!

Yours in perpetuity,

Sir Pendergast Middlebury III