I finally went back to Lawrence Journal World's website today to read about the conviction of my former English professor Tom Murray. On the page that details the conviction, there is an image of Dr. Murray being led away by a police officer. You can click on this image to enlarge it, which I did, and I wasn't surprised to see a more reasonably-sized image which was followed by a brief and modestly written caption. What I was surprised by was the link that followed, by which one is able to "Order a print" of this man, clad in one of his patently unfortunate-looking sweaters, being led to his potential life sentence in prison and/or death.
Is this weird to anyone else? That there'd be a market for such a print?
Cause really, folks, I'm contemplating buying one for myself. I think I'm going to buy one -- probably the 20" gallery print -- frame it, and mount it in a prominent spot in my home -- maybe over the fireplace or next to the television. I'm going to look at this picture every time I myself feel the urge to plot a murder or plan a CSI script. Each time I do so, I will remember that I ought to try and dress a little bit better all around. After all, one never knows which will be their final, lasting image.

2 comments:
probably they do that so that they don't have to field every phone call in which someone wants a keepsake picture of their kid fingerpainting in the lawrence journal world. but of course, it can work for you, too.
That sweater isn't very becoming
Post a Comment