Friday, March 25

It's time I start thinking about my future...

A few days ago when I was home and didn't have to sit here in this office for the sole purpose of being here (since I got in today, there's been one phone call, zero faxes, and nothing else to do... and right now, I'm one of I think three people in this building) I had a nice little chat with my parents about what they mean when they say "graduation present." To me, the term could have meant anything from a paper clip to a trip to Tahiti, and I'd be happy (maybe not with the paper clip, but yeah.) Imagine my surprise when mom leaned in and said, "Well, I've always kind of thought of getting you a laptop."

HOORAY!!

Unfortunately, that is where the conversation ended. The thing is... I kind of have a specific laptop in mind for whenever I get one (be it a gift or otherwise), but I don't know how to rekindle this conversation. I don't want to be some snivelling whiney JoCo kid and act like getting this big thing is granted... if that makes sense... but yeah. If I know my mom, I think she'll discuss with me what I want before getting one... but then again, graduation is kind of a funny time that might spawn some weird desire for mystery and surprise...

So, mom, if you read this, as you said you have at least once before, if we could talk further about a laptop, that'd be divine.

Meanwhile, (laughing out loud at myself here) I think I'm on the brink of a second wind in my search for a job -- if it can really be called a second wind (there was never really a first.) This weekend was theraputic for me in so much as I came to one perhaps obvious but nevertheless important realization:

I have absolutely nothing to lose.

More on that later... I just totally lost the desire to try (and fail) to articulate myself about it. Suffice it to say the royal 'we' are excited.

I think now I am going to go into one of the four empty rooms in this office and pretend I'm not jealous that everyone else who works here is currently at Buffalo Wild Wings playing trivia.

No comments: