Those who know me know that I am one who becomes obsessed with almost everything. My interests pretty much run the gamut, and they all pretty much fit into either the "nerdy," "geeky," or "other" category. We're talking pogs, Furbys, RENT, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Duel Masters cards (very brief and really more of an offshoot of my rekindled obsession with Happy Meals,) Pixar movies, The Office, and whole grains.
Once every other year or so for the past six years (I think?) I get a rather large flare-up of Star Wars insatiability, and we're entering a period of it again now that we're less than two pithy little months out from the release of Episode III. Last night, I purchased my very own DVD copy of Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Volume 1), a series of short animated films detailing the events that take place between episodes II and III. Volume 2 is being broadcast at 7:00pm on Cartoon Network every night this week, a fact which I was unaware of until late last night, when this flare-up hit its apex. If you, like me, are distressed at having already missed three of these five visceral installments in the Star Wars saga, fear not... you can download them in a small Quicktime format for free at http://www.starwars.com/clonewars (the larger versions require membership in the fan club "Hyperspace" which, obsessed as I am, I refuse to join.) The newest trailer (available at the same link minus the "/clonewars") is also a beautiful thing to be beheld. Anyway... I'm done talking about Star Wars...
I know I've loaned a few out, but for some reason there is a lot of empty space on my otherwise bursting-at-the-seams-bookshelf-of-DVDs... so expect a full report of the missing titles sometime in the very near future. Return them now and avoid The Wrath.
Spring Break was okay... it's less okay now that I have to work. I've been here since eight this morning; I'll be here till five. It wouldn't be so bad if 1.) I had a window, 2.) I had something compelling to work on, or 3.) I was being paid full time wages. A lunch break would be nice too... sigh...
I guess I could read Harry Potter. It makes me sleepy back here, though... plus there're always "oil drums" panging loudly in the distance, which I find immensely distracting.

No comments:
Post a Comment