China's kind of funny.
Funny in the sense that when they have a national holiday (like next week's Labor Day holiday from May 1-7) they make everyone in the country work over the weekend to make up the days they will eventually be given off. That means that even though they call the holiday a "week-long" holiday, the number of days we actually have off is significantly less, with the added bonus that we get to put in an 8-day work week.
I'm not explaining it well... mainly because I don't understand. At any rate, I should be used to it by now (as we've gone through the whole thing twice before) but the fact that I have a marathon week of teaching under my feet makes me crazy.
How many days till school's over? Oh, wait... they haven't decided yet.
Honestly.

1 comment:
Ewww! So in other words they don't really want you to get any time off for the Holiday! That's insane.
Kudos to you because I couldn't deal with not knowing when my last day of teaching would be!
Post a Comment