A Day of Change. Several exciting things happened today, and I will tell you about them right now.
Katie started her very own blog, which is a very happy event indeed! I went to my Intro to Philosophy class today for the first time in a week, and I actually contributed to the class discussion! But, something some of you may have been worrying about ever since I started whining about it a couple months ago has been remedied...
I QUIT AT PETERSON CLINICAL LAB!!!
Actually, I'm not quite sure if I quit or got fired. I arrived this morning my usual fifteen to twenty minutes late, and after going on my first little walking trip, I encountered my boss Stephen. Here is the conversation as I remember it:
Me: Hello.
Stephen: Good morning. How are we this morning?
Me: Oh, I'm all right. You?
Stephen: Livin' the dream, baby. (I digress, he did not ACTUALLY say this; however, he loves his job so much that that's the only way I know to illustrate his enthusiasm to you). He pauses. You look really tired, Michael.
Me: Well, Stephen, I am.
Stephen: These morning's just aren't good for you, are they?
Me: Yeah, especially since I work till eleven or midnight and don't get to bed until around two, then have to be here at eight. It's kind of driving me crazy.
Stephen: Do you think I need to get somebody in here to replace you?
Me: Yes, I think so.
So, as you can see, the boundaries between voluntary and involuntary termination of employment are kind of blurred. Either way I don't care, I'm actually kind of happy that I'm not going to be there much longer! In fact, I was kind of impressed that Stephen seemed so "understanding", although from my understanding, the only time he's really non-confrontational is when he's firing someone. Oh well!

No comments:
Post a Comment