Thursday, September 11

An Update! I had a great weekend at home... lots of food and fun. It kind of sucked to come back here, but of course every dream must end. I'm a little tired, so my thoughts in this post might not be too cohesive.

I had a good conversation with Katie the other night. There's really not much I can say to follow that... we just had a good, perhaps "unhealthy" (but at least well-adjusted (?)) talk. And that's all that I can ask for.

I'm learning that the more effort I put into things (like my classes), the more rewarding the outcomes are. I know... pretty obvious fact, right? Nevertheless, I am just beginning to discover that, and so I am pretty amazed by it.

We are having a party here on Saturday night... I'm pretty excited. We'll see how our first attempt at a bi-roommate party goes... if it's anything like my first one, it'll be great. If it's anything like the one I went to at Chad's old place last spring, I'll be going to Brie's (which I might do anyway... I miss that girl!)

In other news, the annoying girl at work up and quit with no notice, which left some hours that needed to be covered. On Monday, the new girl who works evenings and has no class covered the newly vacated four-hourshift, and my boss bought her pizza for her trouble. All summer I covered shifts at the drop of a hat for sick people and quitters, and I never got anything more than a "Thanks, you're a lifesaver!". That pissed me off. Then this coming Monday, my boss has informed me, he is cooking dinner (stuffed herb-crusted chicken and angel hair pasta) for the couriers who work on Monday. I'm the only courier who doesn't work on Monday. What the hell is that? I've brought in ice cream, I've covered people's asses, and I've been there the longest of all the in-house couriers.... oh man, the more I type, the more I know I'm going to quit soon. I was going to on Tuesday, but I felt bad since the other girl quit.

No comments: