Grades. Every fall semester, a day or two before Christmas, final grades are posted on K-State Access Technology System (KATS). Each year the anticipation gets more and more gnawing... especially this year, as I didn't really work "up to par" in any one of my four classes. I figured this would be my worst semester yet, and that I might have to take some classes over in order to earn the C's that are required for graduation in my English courses. ANYWAY... the results of my semester ARE.........
Intro to Philosophy: B (Thoughts: What the hell did I do to deserve this??? Granted, I got B+ on two of my assignments, but never once (save on those two occasions when it was required) did I do the reading. Clearly, an overwhelming sense of generosity must have overcome the Scotsman as he sat there grading bluebooks.)
British Survey 2: B (Thoughts: I was sure I was getting a D - maybe a C - in this class, due to the fact that I only posted on the class message board four out of the seven required times, I missed two more classes than the cut-off line to be able to get an A or a B, and I neglected to revise my midterm essay, which I earned a C on. Clearly, the fact that I earned a B is proof that Naomi J. Wood, the woman born and raised in the Congo, is the coolest, best professor on the Kansas State University campus.)
Structure of the English Language: B (Thoughts: I think I already told you all about this one... it is undeserved, but welcome nevertheless. So what if he murdered his ex-wife? He's cool in my book!)
Intro to Poetry Writing: A (Thoughts: I hoped I would get an A, but I was prepared for a B, since I pretty much stopped doing the reading and therefore sucked it up on a few quizzes. I guess my poetry (which can be read at the left) is just that awesome. I have this professor (who is also my advisor) in a class next semester... Environmental Topics in American Literature. Should be fun. :\)

No comments:
Post a Comment