Monday, December 22

Insert Cryptic Title Here. A lot of things have happened since you last heard from me. Then again, a lot of things haven't happened... but that's another story.

I finished with my finals at around 5:30 pm on Thursday, at which point I deposited all of my notes and such in the nearest waste receptical I could find and frolicked to my apartment for a drink. Actually, not really, but we had a party that night, so LATER there were drinks, but first we (I) had to clean... which didn't really happen. Instead I watched Chad play classic 8-bit Zelda and then hurriedly made my bed... but it's the thought that counts, eh? I did end up creating a particularly festive hors d'ouveres table... man oh man. I need to watch more football or shoot stuff.

Return of the King, which I saw on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, was particularly good. I plan on seeing it tomorrow with my brother and dad. I am looking forward to this event.

I got all my presents wrapped and they are now under the tree here in Olathe... which alludes to the fact that I drove home for Christmas tonight. I won't be here TOO long (I plan on going back Saturday afternoon), but still, it's longer than a lot of people I know.

On Saturday, my family came out to Manhattan to visit and see my Christmas tree and such. We went around and looked at some stores in Aggieville, then went back to my apartment and ate pizza and drank beer. Between those two events, we stopped off at Sears, and my parents purchased my main Christmas gift... a 27" television. I'm pretty excited about that, considering we've been watching a measley 19" screen for the past six months. I'm moving my way up in the world, which I believe is commendable.

I rented 'The Office', and despite an annoying scratch on the DVD in the middle of the second episode, it was pretty hilarious. I only got to watch three episodes though (I think there are twelve total) due to work, tiredness, and other obligations. Sometime over our ridiculously long break (we go back on January 22nd) I will have to re-rent it.

Speaking of work, they have been training me to be a manager, so that while the boss's go to Las Vegas on the 4th, me and the other two crew leaders can run the store. It's been all right except for the 9:00 am starting time, which is still a little out of my league. Today I learned how to clean the Ghea, though, so it was totally worth it. That and I got almost $5.00 in tips. If anyone needs to borrow any money, let me know.

ALSO speaking of work, I got a love note from a customer on Sunday afternoon. It informed me that she comes to Cold Stone a lot, and that she is scared to talk to me because I am the cutest guy she has ever seen up close. She wouldn't usually have said anything, but she felt she would
have regretted not doing anything about it. So now, I have this girl's phone number, and I don't know what to do. I mean, I know my answer is an emphatic "NO" - for several reasons, such as the fact that it's kind of creepy and the fact that she is a Junior........ in high school. But hey, at least now I know I can still woo sixteen year-old girls. Just like back in the day, eh, Katie?

No comments: