Other News. My bosses are going to be out of town for a short period in January, so I will be in charge of the store for some of that time. This means I will have a key and ULTIMATE COLD STONE POWER! ... which is cool. Last night, Vicki trained me on a few parts of the Key Closer (counting down the drawers, financial reports, etc.) and then informed me that I will be on a higher wage during the time they're gone. I'm thinking "SHIT YEAH!" and playing the whole "Oh... really?"/:::inquisitive face::: until I saw the amount. $6.50. I mean, okay, that's nice...$.75 more an hour than I make now... but... ya know? JESUS... I'm RUNNING THE STORE!! God... I bet I'll never make $7.00 an hour; I don't see how much higher up the Cold Stone ladder I could get! So now, all my hopes for a good, significant, life-altering raise have been dashed. I will probably continue to allow my already low work effort to decline to the point where annoying-ass Chelsea will find something I'm doing wrong every five minutes instead of every fifteen. I will get later and later for work every day. I will give out more and more (illegal) cheap and free ice cream until one day... when they're pretty close to firing me, I will decide to put in my two weeks notice. That's pretty much how I do it. I can already see the onset of the pattern. Blah.
Aside from my whining, today is the last day of classes, and I only have one, and it starts in about forty five minutes. I am really freaking excited. Tonight, I am going to eat a special Holiday Dinner at the dorm (and thank God, because I am out of food here. I had a can of pork and beans for dinner last night... blegh. But at the time it was good, because I was starving.) THEN I'm hoping to drive home quickly to see the final showing of the extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring at AMC 30, then stay overnight and see the noon showing of the Two Towers. But we'll see... things never seem to work out that easily for me. Plus we have the Cold Stone Christmas party at 4:00 on Friday, and so I'd miss that... but... meh. I'm about halfway through reading The Two Towers. HOPEFULLY I can finish it before Return of the King comes out NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!!!
So basically, as this post would have it, my life involves two things right now: Cold Stone Creamery and Lord of the Rings. When I look at that, it seems pretty pathetic, but I guess it's better than Peterson Clinical Lab and Lord of the Rings.

No comments:
Post a Comment