Tuesday, December 16

A Window. I experienced something today that I had never before experienced - I felt myself literally going insane. I don't know if this is really what was going on, but... man I felt weird for about thirty minutes. Maybe it'll be a good thing... there are a lot of geniouses who end up going insane.

It's 4:00am the morning before my first and most difficult final of the semester, and yet I cannot fall asleep. I am watching Moulin Rouge and realizing how much this movie inspires me. It's weird... it makes me want so much to write, and yet when I sit here in front of the screen, I am overtaken by a sort of creative-impotence; I just can't come up with anything. So instead of writing a brilliant piece of fiction, I instead post to my blog. Maybe that's commendable as well, though. A lot of great fiction writers start out by writing memoirs. We might even call this page my memoir, although usually the only great memoirs are those centered around people who have exceptionally extraordinary lives. Then again, maybe mine will be great for being exceptionally ordinary... something we can all relate to. After all, as I've said before, I do desire connection.

In twenty hours, I will never be forced to think about philosophy again, and I will be watching The Return of the King. Both things make me so very happy.

No comments: