I was just looking at a few of my more recent posts on here, and I can almost smell the dust. 4.0? Graduation? Getting out of Kansas? My, oh my, how time flies.
Anyway. The music has finally ended (I managed to capture a video on my camera and may one day manage to show it to people) and the day has turned out fairly well, with the exception that the students have returned and I have to prepare lessons tonight. I wonder if all teachers feel about their students the way I feel about mine. It's not that I hate them, I just loathe the fact that I have to see them (and therefore be in the classroom teaching) everyday. Plus, I have to try to be creative in order to keep their interests, while still maintaining the content required by the school... content which seems to leech all creativity and fun out of a classroom by nature.
In short, I hate it.
Buuuut whatever. Next year I'm going to Korea, where I hope to teach/work in an English village, which don't seem to require much classroom teaching at all. Then I'll probably head back stateside with hopefully less debt and an even better idea of what I think I'm supposed to be doing with myself.
I've just realized that I'm still just as scattered and indecisive as I was two years ago... is that depressing?

1 comment:
Me too, man. Me too...
Post a Comment