Is it my tragic fate to only begin to appreciate things in the waning hours of my experience of them? It would seem so... at least if you look at my time here in China. Or maybe these past few weeks have been kind of really good. Basically, I've just stopped hating it here (I think mainly because the end is in sight) and as a result I've been getting out more, spending more time with friends, and having fun with my students. And how! All this makes me somewhat nostalgic about China... to the point where I'm like "Oh, Dongying, I'm gonna miss you."
Then the hot water stops working for more than a week, No-Pants Toddler's (TM) dad gets mad because I don't stop and "chat" with his son and his exposed giblets, or some Chinese fucker stares at me a little too long, and I'm ready to leave this anus of the world without a second thought.
I'm still working out where I'll be and what I'll be doing between the day I finish teaching (June 19th) and the day I fly home (July 12th)... but I think these next few weeks are going to be off the hizzy.

1 comment:
Hope your 3rd day being done with teaching is fantastic! Also, exposed gibblets are no good. What's up with that?
Post a Comment