Fractured Smile. Have you ever seen Breaking the Waves? It's about this woman named Bess who prays to God to send home her husband Jan who is away working on an oil rig, and He does... by sending Jan home with a debilitating injury.
I had a similar thing happen to me today. I wanted oh so badly to not have to work tonight, and my prayers were answered! HALELUJAH (how do you spell that?)!
When I got to work, my boss, Vicki, was trying to open a large wooden crate with a hammer, and asked for my help. I, the big, burly man that I am, went out and began to pry away brilliantly at the wooden crate until, as luck should have it, the hammer slipped, causing me to ram the handle of the hammer into my mouth. It didn't hurt so much, but when I felt two pieces of my teeth rattling around in my mouth, I knew that it wasn't good.
SO... I went to the emergency room... they put temporary caps on the two broken teeth and prescribed me some pain killers and antibiotics. Tomorrow morning at 8:00am I have an appointment with a dentist, where I will be the lucky recipient of two root canals courtesy of Cold Stone Creamery.
I knew I loved this job for a reason.
So, a minor kink on the road to total hotness... hopefully it all comes out well in the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment