Sunday, March 28

Three Things.

I had a conversation with God today, which I will try to relate to you in the clearest terms possible... although please note that this will be a somewhat stylized transcription at best.

Me: Why me?
God: Come on, you can't be serious. This again?
Me: No, seriously. Why is it never me?
God: I don't know what to tell you. It's just not.
Me: Oh...............
God: ... come on, Michael. Don't be like that.
Me: Oh no, I know... it's just... you know, I don't get it. I mean I brush my teeth and fold my clothes and everything.
God: Someday it'll be you.
Me: Aww... you're just saying that.
God: No, seriously... just wait.
Me: Isn't that what you told me three years ago?
God: Meditate on that.

Hmmm.

Saw Eternal of the Spotless Mind again tonight... saw it yesterday too. I think I could watch that movie everyday. Then again, it really messes with my productivity. God I hope I pass all my classes this semester. There're only two that I'm really worried about, but still.... two out of four isn't necessarily a good ratio. I just really don't care any more. I care about my life and my problems and not any body elses. If I really want to know more about America, I'll buy a book and read about it. If I want to learn the meaning of Thoreau's Walden, I'll read it on my own time and then maybe look up stuff about it on the internet. But man... let me do it on my own... especially if you're really not going to inspire me to actually want to learn it.

Cold Stone officially sucks. My boss never talks to us (me, in particular) unless we do something wrong. Then he roles his eyes and barks out monosyllabic commands and then still doesn't talk. It's hideous. It makes my skin crawl. If I quit though, I won't have any more money to see Eternal Sunshine with. I'm looking around.

No comments: