Today's my baby brother's 17th birthday. It's kind of got me freaking out a little... but only a little, and I'm sure it's nothing I won't get over in a day or two.
I will say that my little brother has become quite the interesting member of the family. He is an avid player of that ancient (Japanese?) tile game, Mah Jong -- apparently he stays after school most nights, sometimes till almost 10:00pm -- playing with his group of friends which is as varied as his lowly peers to the principal of Olathe North High School himself - and everything in between. He goes out to dinner with these friends at small places downtown that no one's ever heard of but probably should hear of because they're usually better - or at least more exciting - than all the restaurant chains in the Johnson County area. Then there's the fact that he's going on a trip to Japan this summer...
I think of how different his situation is from mine at age 17. Not that I have any regrets... maybe a few, but nothing that most people my age don't regret... like I wish I would have filled out on more application or tried a little harder to get better grades or hung out with a few more people... ANYWAY!
David, if you read this, I do have your present. I just don't know when it's going to get to you, and I apologize for that.

No comments:
Post a Comment