I love to hate (hate to love?) syllabi that show me everything I will have to read, every assignment I will have to complete, every paper I have to force myself to write over the course of the entire semester. On one hand, it allows me the chance to actually get ahead. This would be nice if I weren't a procrastinator. As I am, however, a put-it-off-until-the-last-possible-minute-and-skip-class-if-I-don't-get-it-done-and-take-the-B-and-smile kind of guy, these types of syllabi do nothing for me other than make me feel at once overwhelmed and extremely guilty for not being more punctual in my assignment completion.
I am attempting right now to be better than myself... I'm read up for both of my classes on Wednesday, working to get ready for tomorrow's one class (I read, but forgot we have all these damn worksheets over the reading) and thinking about reading for my one-night-a-week class. I have so much damned reading... it's overwhelming. Secretly, though, I like it. I like it a lot.

No comments:
Post a Comment