I find myself best suited to post on this thing whenever I'm feeling awfully low. As things have been fairly sunny of late, there has been a slow-down in the postage. Yet now again I find that my life has become a soap opera of other people's problems (and some of my own, of course). However, I feel there is a time and a place to speak in more vivid terms of my insignificant inner turmoil, and my blog isn't it.
I made a couple of fine purchases yesterday. I got a tray from Target to put the liquor bottles on my bar on. It is lovely... and superfluous. I also purchased myself a new cell phone. It is red. I am smitten.
I suppose I don't, in reality, have any idea why I'm feeling so low. Maybe it's because summer is officially over, and I feel like instead of getting done every single thing I wanted to get done to the degree I wanted to do it (I say this in such convoluted prose because actually, one of my goals was to submit SOMETHING for publication, which I did... but I wanted it to be something I had worked on this summer, which sadly wasn't the case) I wasted the whole time working at Cold Stone. It's odd how much working shitty part time jobs seems to persuade us that our time really isn't any more valuable than minimum wage and that we actually do deserve to be treated like the scum of the earth by our bosses and those whom we serve because, in the end, that's what we are. Minions of the man.
I digress... as I have done in the past, I will now give you a brief but enjoyable rundown of my courseload so far.
General Botany (lecture TU 12:30, lab MW 2:30-4:20) Seems like it'll be fairly entertaining since the professor is a shriveled and bent old woman with a better sense of humor than most people I know. The worst part will be tomorrow, when I am forced to choose a lab partner. The best part will be learning how to stop killing my beloved plants Roger, Wayne, and Toby.
Hispanic Readings (TU 9:30-10:45) We'll be watching five Spanish films and reading the screenplays for four of them. I think it'll be nice, although I haven't taken Spanish in forever, so I'm a bit nervous. The teacher is almost like a Spanish Mr. Burns... which is enjoyable.
Epic, Romance, and Allegory of the Restoration (TU 2:30-3:45) The teacher is a Harvard grad who spouts out names of authors and their works as if they were crayon colors, which could either give me new shades to fill in the lines of my as of now empty intellectual coloring book... or could melt into one ugly black waxy mess. The professor himself is quite an entertaining looking man. Watch the trailer for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Notice Jim Carrey's character. Age him to white-hairedness and lengthen his eyebrows a couple of inches. It's brilliant. Maybe it'll make me brilliant too. Probably not though.
There is still one class to go... my Popular Cultural Studies class, which I have once a week on Monday nights (so I'll have it tomorrow).
There's more, but I'm tired of being here in my apartment. Laundromat... here I come!

2 comments:
OI- you're never online anymore~!
Yeah, with difficult classes and a job I (for the moment) feel commited to, it's hard for me to find the time. Often when you IM, I am asleep. Besides, since like NO ONE updates their blogs anymore, I really have no reason to come online.
Post a Comment