I, for one, am a fan of what I like to call "Revenge Films." You know the type. Where the main character gets fucked over be some person or system, and later in the movie strikes back... with a vengence. Die Hard, The Count of Monte Christo, Mean Girls... that sort of thing. Therefore, I really enjoyed the America-hating experience that is Dogville. If you have three hours to give, I'd really suggest checking it out. I'm still questioning my feelings about it. Allow me to rephrase: I know how I feel - I just don't know if it's a good thing that I feel that way. I am a sick-o, after all.
I purchased some Hebrew National Franks. They are perhaps the most spectacular warm-at-home hot dogs I have ever put in my mouth.
Finally, here's the final installment of the rundown of my semester:
Intro to Theoretical and Practical Cultural Studies (M 7:05-9:55pm) Why do I find it necessary, when I have an extra couple of credit hours, to take the most difficult class I can think of. It's happened once previously, and I got a D for my ill-placed faith in my intellect. This looks to be the second go-around for me. Not only does it appear that I am the only undergrad in this class, but also to sole person who has no prior experience (or interest) in the field we will be studing. Dr. Hedrick, who I have studied under before, is scatterbrained as ever. This is probably a plus... but even the fact that I might be able get away with my normally blase pseudo-intellectual insights interspersed with several "ehh's" and "umm's" (yes, I am often that guy - although I am also the type of guy who attempts to pass it off by laughing and pretending to lose my train of thought - despite the fact that I make no verbal assertions (you know what I mean?), I am able to assert myself subliminally. "BE ENDEARED TO ME!" I command silently between every spoken line - and it hasn't failed me yet. Not to my knowledge anyway. Though it really probably has. I won't worry too much about it though - I probably hate me as much as you do, and you're still reading.).... even that won't change the fact that this class is either going to bring down my GPA or bring down my interest in living through this semester.
I mean what?

No comments:
Post a Comment