Thursday, July 24

Happy Posts Sometimes I feel melancholic. Other times I don't. That said...

I am listening to Dexter Freebish and it is making me think of the time in the FUTURE, after my next girlfriend breaks up with me. Is that weird? Anyway... I just think it's a really great song. And since I don't have a next girlfriend with whom I can identify that song, I identify it with my long lost friend Jessica Ritter. Because we really "drank time together" or whatever he says, and although she never said that the stars are forever, she left town. But I'll be here. When she's broken down and no one else is around, hell yeah I'll be here.

I finished season four of Friends tonight. I am kind of befuddled... you know how mainstream stuff is always kind of sneered at for playing into formulas? Well, with Friends, they kind of try to break those formulas, but now even that is becomming a kind of mainstream thing. So... now are we (or am I, because I dunno who else would be thinking this, but if you are and you're an available female, e-mail me) (wow I'm desparate) supposed to disbelieve not only the "happy ending", but also the "unhappy ending"... and instead of looking for either of those, maybe we should just be as confused and befuddled about all of our thoughts and emotions as I am about my own at this point in my life. It's like... I've realized that all music makes me miserable (alliteration!) because it just reminds me of moments that I can't have back again. But then I think... why the hell do I care? Ahhh the confusion. What're you going to do.

This is like with my issues with the real-Katie... I stopped talking to her. There was no reason. I didn't stop liking her, or care about her any less. I just became apathetic. Maybe that's it... maybe I'm just to fucking lazy to extend myself to anyone anymore. So instead of living my own life, I listen to people sing about their lives (or lack thereof) and watch actors portray a jaded impression of other people's lives... and that is depressing to me. That I am that over-run by art and media and... everything.

I bought a faux-suede shower curtain today. It's impressive. I feel like a caveman. A caveman with indoor plumbing.

In conclusion, I think I will someday move to a desert and become a nudist. Do they have cable in deserts? Ahh hell... if I'm a nudist, then there's going to be absolutely no need for my shower curtain, now is there?!

No comments: