Tuesday, July 8

I'm Back Well, I'm back from Georgia (FINALLY!) I had a good time visiting my aunt and uncle and cousin and (unexpectedly) grandmother, but I'm excited to be back here. So far I'm not too sure when I'll be starting Coldstone; I just e-mailed and so yeah. But they're open. And my apartment is a MESS!!! I... I am pretty speechless about it right now, but yeah... I am a bit unhappy. ANYWAY. My birthday, as some of you know, occurred on the sixth of July (while I was in Georgia). It was about as uneventful as the rest of my trip. The biggest excitement was when I got my aunt and uncle hooked up on the internet just before we left for Atlanta. Woo-hoo! But, on the upside, my friend Logan wrote me some birthday poems which I will now copy and paste for your pleasure. It's good to be back; I've missed you all.

"berfday"

right now it seems pretty cool
to be another year older but
in a few years, you'll begin
to see that you're just one year
closer to a colostomy bag and
live-in hospice care but the good
news is that uniforms are sexy
and there's nothing wrong with
candy stripers.

"berfday redux"

sometimes when you're blowing out
the candles and the impudent flame
intractably leaps and licks in direct
defiance of your mighty wind,
maybe you should just sit back
and let the candles win for once.

No comments: