As life wears on, you find out more and more about people that you just wish weren't true. Here's an exerpt from something a "friend" told me last night after I mentioned how I feel that our endeavors abroad bare a striking resemblance to terrorism: (note, it's from memory, and therefor not quite exact, but I promise I'm not doing that thing where I alter it a little to make it seem blatantly wrong)
"Well that's what's best for the US. If we have to be terrorists to make the country safer, then that's what we should do."
....
..........
I waited and then pleaded for the "haha, just kidding," but he wasn't. And so we have an image of the popular mindset of the state of Kansas and apparently everywhere else in a five-state radius. I find myself wondering, with it becoming more and more easy to deny people their basic rights, I wonder when we'll start denying idiots and assholes their right to vote?
Until then, please check out the blogs of my friends Logan and Jessica, both of whom raise some excellent points - in my opinion, anyway.

1 comment:
Bravo. I enjoyed your previous post, Michael. Well-said. I just try not to think about the election. It depresses me. And people's apathy -- and glee -- depress me even more.
http://www.xanga.com/LeftonEverett is my site -- I have a couple rants of my own.
Keep hoping. I guess that's all we can do. Or visit http://www.marryanamerican.ca -- there's another solution. ;)
Leigh
Post a Comment