Friday, November 5

Someone up there loves me!

Oh Canada. You're fabulous. You really didn't need to do that, but since you have, I truly know how much you love me even though over half of my fellow countrymen don't. Thank you for http://www.marryanamerican.ca/, that wonderful website where you have faithfully declared to assist people like me to leave this God forsaken jerk-fest.

It's tempting... it really is. I'll have to think about it.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I woke up extremely early this morning because I'm tired of being late for work. We'll see if I can still manage to be late with such a large head start. I know I'm capable, but I hope I'll somehow not let it happen... but we know how my trying to prevent bad things from happening has gone over the past week, don't we America (by America, I am talking to that group of people who believes in what America actually stands for, as opposed to those who believe in the corrupt America that we have actually become.)

Some questions:
- Is it just me, or does it seem that somehow freedom of religion has managed to become pigeonholed as well?
- Does anyone else find our own terrorist tendencies a bit more worrisome than those of radicals living in caves in the deserts of the middle east?
- Does anyone else think that perhaps by terrorizing the rest of the world, we are creating even more enemies for ourselves, thereby making ourselves much less safe?
- Would anyone agree that the notion of banning abortion, making a constitutional amendment preventing gay marriage, and ignoring the potentially huge benefit of embryonic stem cell research is not only backwards thinking, but just plain ignorant?

Michael Trenary is indignant, people. You're going to have to allow him a bit of room to rant. It's all I can do right now to keep myself from building a guillotine and starting my own damned revolution... so think of this blog, rather than a fight-starter, as a peace-keeper. If you don't like it, if you could kindly direct yourself to a conservative's blog, that'd be greeeat.

I'm going to see The Incredibles today at 4:00. I'm pretty flipping excited (I decided to try and keep the dropping of the f-bomb down to a minimum since at any moment, small impressionable youth might come and see my website, and I wouldn't want their parents to deny them of all my glorious insight simply because I couldn't contain my passion. As such, know that instead of "flipping", I really meant to use the other f-word. I digress...) Apparently there'll be a Star Wars Episode 3 trailer in front of it, althought I wouldn't put it past Seth Childs Carmike Cinema 12 to somehow flip all that up. Still, it's pretty exciting, but don't worry... I'm not that excited, David Broyles.

I am that excited over Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which is to be released on DVD in a little over two weeks. I'm also pretty dang happy that they FINALLY released Napoleon Dynamite in theatres here. Now I just face the daunting task of getting my friends to go see it. Not that they have... to... but... hold on, sorry. I'm getting pretty annoyed by my gratuitous use of italics. I'm done.

No comments: