Friday, November 26

Olathean Splendor.

I went shopping with mom and David this morning because we decided we wanted to witness the madhouse that is the day after Thanksgiving. Unfortunatley it wasn't quite a madhouse - it was more of a slightly-unstablehouse. We began our holiday shopping adveture at Wal-Mart at 9:00am. We got a parking spot at the very front of the lot, and after making a lap around on the store, we left without buying anything (my mom never goes to Wal-Mart without buying anything. Weird. Then we went to Best Buy circa 9:30am, and we did buy things, but not for anyone except ourselves, which I guess is in the spirit of the season (these days, anyway). Mom got a digital camera; I got Mean Girls, Chapelle's Show Season One (both $9.99 each) and Aqua Teen Hunger Force Vol. 3; and David got Need for Speed Underground 2. So that was exciting. Then we went to Target and fulfilled all of our holiday aroma needs.

I don't know why I've been so adamant about keeping you all abreast of the events that have occured during my time in Olathe. I'm chalking it up to boredom, but I'll leave you to think what you will of me. After all, I could still post things more meaningful.

David's leaving me tonight to go "bowling with friends." I think it's a date, but hey, what do I know. I asked if I could go along and recieved a declarative no, upon which I reminded him of how I've taken him along in the past when I've gone places with my friends. I asked him to remember the time Katie was in town and how we took him to the local PetsMart so he could buy crickets for some reptilian specimen he nannied that summer. As precious as our time was together, and we could still make time for him. What's more, I think a good time was had by all, eh?

Oh, David. Why must you hurt me so?

No comments: