Saturday, November 27

Oh, mom.

Last night after a rousing trip to K-Mart, my mom and I went for drinks at Old Chicago. It was my first experience going out to "a bar" with a parent. She had already had a fair few glasses of wine, so she continued to drink wine there while I did some more work on my World and Holiday Beer Tours. I tried a pretty interesting beer last night - it was a chocolate stout. It came in a huge 1 pint-6 ounce bottle, and it tasted like Guiness and those chocolate Twizzlers. I can't decide if I liked it or not, although right now I'm really craving that chocolate taste. Hmmm. Anyway, we both got fairly intoxicated and talked about all sorts of fun things.

David had gone out bowling with some friends, which I expected to take quite awhile, so when mom and I got back from "the bar" at 11:30, we were surprised to see him home. Apparently he was equally surprised to be in for the night already. He wanted to know if I wanted to go "somewhere", which here means "Old Chicago." I informed him that I had just returned from there, and was talking to him when his cell phone rang. He answered it and then started blushing and told mom and me to leave the room. I definitely heard a girl's voice, and somehow we discovered it was Ashley, this girl he "cuddles" with at football games. Mom said she even found little clandestine notes from her in his desk. He swears up and down that they aren't dating, and that she already has a boyfriend. I'm skeptical, but then I did get him to admit that he has a crush on her, so that's kind of fun.

OH, and I found out David is going to Japan for two weeks this summer. I won't mention how I feel about it, suffice it to say being the older sibling definitely sucks ass sometimes (read: all the time).

Mom, Dad, and David are going to the Olathe North football game in Topeka today. I think I'm going to go see Sideways or maybe Finding Neverland in the mean time... unless the pie club decides to do pie. Or maybe I should see what Logan and Jessica are doing before Jessica goes to work. Hmmm... so many options.

No comments: