Domesticities. Today I went to Wal-Mart and bought some lightbulbs and toilet paper. It was great. Then I decided that since I went to class today, I'd been a good little boy, so I bought myself a Happy Meal. It was good, especially since I hadn't eaten anything today yet. I got this really crappy toy, though. Remember when they used to do the Hot Wheels/Barbie to further separate the boys from the girls (speaking of which, David, if you read this even though I don't think you do... remember when we went to like St. Louis and you got a Barbie Happy Meal and I made fun of you to no end while you contentedly petted her ebony hair? Oh the memories.) So anyway, this was one of those sort of deals: the girl toy though has gone from Barbie Dolls to Madame Alexander dolls, which... well who cares. They boy toy, however, went from the wonderfully awesome Hot Wheels (remember how you could even punch out the Happy Meal box to make a ramp for your awesome car?) to this weird "Stretch SCREAMERS!" Basically it is this deformed, non-posable mummy with "gooey" arms that sort of stretch, and when you pull this one, his face flips around from bandaged to unbandaged, bandaged to unbandaged. It's retarded. I'm even one of those college guys who is able to look past utility to the aesthetic value: "Maybe I could use it for some festive Halloween decor?" I thought. But no. This thing is just plain ugly, and therefore useless.
Tomorrow the Lion King comes out on DVD, but I am getting so sick of the promotions that I just want to die, so maybe I won't buy it. (yeah right).
This is, as I have informed some of you, my week from hell. I have another philosophy assignment due on Thursday and a mid-term exam on Friday. I kind of thought about it, and I've become a lot lazier (word?) since high school.... back then I'd be fine with this work... the stressful weeks had like three assignmentsdue every day and a few papers and maybe a couple tests. I'd probably drop out if had weeks like that in college. Is the course work harder? If it is, I don't realize it... I chalk it up to my own lethargy. Or maybe not. On the otherhand, since my boss at Peterson is cool, I don't have to work any mornings there ever again, which makes me insanely happy. The only morning I do have to set my alarm for is Wednesday, when I will participate in a shaving study at 9:10am at a barbershop across the street, and I will recieve $50.00 for my trouble. WOO!
So far, no one has taken me up on my offer to buy me that book. If you have decided that you are not going to buy it for me, please let me know either by IM, e-mail, or written letter, so that I may make alternate means of acquiring it. Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment