Sunday, October 12

Things for you to do. I went to see a movie tonight entitled "School of Rock". If you haven't seen it, please do. It is excellent.

I went to said movie alone, which, if you haven't done, I'd recommend you do... it's kind of fun. I walked into a completely empty theatre and thought to myself, "If no one else is in here and I laugh, is that weird?" But anyway... more people came in shortly thereafter, and a couple of those people were my friend and former roommate Kenny and my friend and former roommate's girlfriend Jill. We chatted and they sat next to me and it was happy. It was weird... very "fate-y"... but very cool. I was glad I had some people to share the experience with.

Now for the moral: "School of Rock" is a great movie that will not allow itself to be seen without the company of friends. The Gods of Rock have proclaimed it so. Rock on.

Whenever I work with "the high schoolers"*, I want to kill myself. I cannot stand these things that I find in them: laziness, over the top self-interest, bad harmonizing (all of which is blatant and poor replication of the harmonies that I "created" or really "discovered" (because you can't really CREATE harmonies, can you?)), Jeff, lying to the customers, the way they assume that because the work I am doing is not helping customers (cleaning up their messes, making waffle cones, etc.) that I am lazy, and the way they assume that I don't play their "Who is cuter?" game (in which they name two people and then tell who they like more) because I hate them, which is actually true but that doesn't mean that they need to assume that I hate them and talk about how much of a bastard I am. I can't stand them. I think they're going to fire Jeff. I hope so... he doesn't mix the dry mix-ins first, then the wet mix-ins second; he does them all at one, which creates on unattractive glop of ice cream that he touts as "perfection", and it's ridiculous. And if he sings that damn "H-E-double L-O" song ONE MORE TIME, I SWEAR I WILL...


*NOTE: I use the term "the high schoolers" to distinguish a certain few from the number of coworkers of mine who happen to be in high school. The rest are good.

No comments: