I did a bad, bad thing. Today I talked to both Joe and Mike (in that order) on the phone. They called within about fifteen minutes of eachother... it was really weird. Joe is doing well... so is Mike. Mike actually comes home in less than a month (November 20th, to be exact) which is exciting! Joe gets back Christmas Eve. Also exciting, but since it's further away, it's a little less exciting than Mike's arrival.
Stephen also called me today, and I never have to work another minute at Peterson Clinical Lab, PA. Apparently they found someone new. It makes me kind of sad though, because I'll never get to say goodbye to Kami or Greg or Charles or Angela or Julie or Tammy or Jackie or Beth or Vivian or Tera (meh) or any of those guys. Maybe when (or if... hehehe) I take my shirts back, I'll see some of them. Or maybe I'll decide to work there again over the summer? Or maybe not.
In the absense of work, I went shopping. The "bad, bad thing" to which this post's title refers is my purchasing of the Indiana Jones Trilogy. This is "bad" for a couple of reasons. One, I have seen only the Last Crusade in its entirety, so I'm hardly an Indiana Jones "fan", which therefore makes me somewhat of a poser - although I KNOW I'll like the other ones; I've seen bits of them and enjoyed them. Thirdly, I really should not be spending that kind of money the entire trilogy (with bonus disc in a beautiful feaux-feaux-leather box) cost me a cool $45.99 from Hastings. (In my defense, there is a $10 rebate which I've already sent in, AND I got two free rentals. Those two bonuses totalled together, I am informed, to bring the purchase price to under $29.00. That's less than $10 a movie, and that really isn't bad.)
WE HAVE A TREE! It is a six-foot artificial ficus tree with little white lights (kind of like the one in my bedroom at home, which I think only two or three of you who read this post have seen, and I am willing to bet only one of you remembers. But that's cool.) Its leaves are green on top and burgandy-ish underneath. It is great. Unfortunately, we can't plug it in right now; the number of electrical plugs going into one outlet has Chad a bit timid. I am not so timid since we never have all eighty things on at once (plus it's a small strand of Christmas lights), but for the sake of world peace...
And once again, because I said I would, check out my roommate's online magazine. It has been updated. It is awesome. It is subtly dirty. It is a force to be reckoned with.

No comments:
Post a Comment