Wednesday, October 8

I'm freaking out. I haven't really gotten a good start on either of my two projects for the week (Philosophy assignment and studying for my Brit Survey exam), and I'm starting to get a little nervous about both. Hopefully after class I can get my ass in gear enough to actually sit down and read through the rest of the article (I'm about halfway through... it's dry... like really coarse wheat toast.) Then I can re-read it, highlight, make an outline, and write the stupid paper. For those of you who don't remember, the last one of these necessitated an "all-nighter". I'm hoping that that won't be the case this time.

This morning I participated in the first portion of a shaving study, for which I will recieve $50.00. It was quite an interesting experience... being blindfolded, having hot towels wrapped around your face, and then trusting someone with a few very sharp blades to go at your face. Luckily, I suffered no "incidental nicks or scrapes", so Donna at Campus Hairstyles is cool in my book. While I was sitting there, being suffocated by the second of the hot towels, Edwin McCain's I'll Be came on... just kind of interesting... I haven't heard that song in a long time. Until, today, anyway. There were a couple of Korean girls who were kind of running the show, and one of them started talking to me while I waited (because God forbid I start getting shaven five minutes early!) and so I guess I'm going to be editing her thesis paper. I dunno, I couldn't really understand what she was saying... she was definitely a native Korean. (Incidentally, I am only guessing at her nationality. She could have been Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Philippino, or a host of many other nationalities... but she seemed Korean.)

I watched Babe last night, and I must say, I really love that movie. It made me want to be an English teacher... as weird as that sounds. "If I had words to make a day for you, I'd sing you a morning golden and true. I would make this day last for all time and fill your night with moon shine." SO EXCELLENT!

No comments: