Thursday, February 12

I hate this time of year. Valentine's day. Bah. I guess it's not even that big of a deal to me, anyway... I've only shared one V-day with one person... once. And it was a long distance affair. But still, it makes me miss not being single. I'm throwing another anti-Valentine party, which I guess is kind of pathetic, but I think we'll have a good time. Right now I'm compiling a lot of anti-love songs (and some that are just kind of "moody", since most songs are about love or something completely unrelated, like sex.) Tomorrow, I am going to by some things that I hope will set the mood: red lights, black crepe paper. If you were at Joe's last year, you'll know what I mean. I also need to go buy "comfort food". I'm thinking about getting nasty things... salt and vinegar and dill and garlic chips... to put the same distaste in your mouths that the holiday usually causes. Meh... I haven't decided. If you haven't gotten an invite and you'd like one, please e-mail me. You don't need to be invited to come, but it's fun to get one anyway.

I need to find someone to live with me in my apartment next year. I really don't want to move: I love the location (and will love it even more next year), I hate moving, and I have so much decorating and stuff up in here already that it would be so much of a pain and stuff that it wouldn't even be worth it. PLEASE.... SOMEBODY.... ANYBODY..... I need to know soon, because my land lady has started hounding me to renew my lease. I need a roommate who:

- is a generally clean person, but who isn't anal (doesn't mind a mess every once in awhile)
- doesn't mind/enjoys having people over/hosting parties frequently
- will ask before using my things
- is willing to go in on cable, internet, etc.
- enjoys good lighting

and... that's all I can think of. Please send letters of interest via e-mail or to my home address (available upon request).

I started watching 'American Splendor', and it was really good, the parts I saw. About an hour in, I started falling asleep (not due to the film, but due to my own tiredness) and so I came to the computer and have been up for about an hour or more since then. I'll finish it tomorrow, but I'd recommend it.

I'm also reading Emerson's Nature for my Environment in American Lit. class. It's "okay", but I've never been much of a fan of transcendental writing. Maybe it's because I've only ever read Emerson and Thoreau... and their writing just kind of lulls me into a drooling stupor. I'd consider myself intellectual enough to get by, but not that intellectual.

Also.... what happened to me? Why can't I talk anymore? I can't even put my thoughts on paper anymore.... I feel nothing. I'm emotionless... unless it's anger. Maybe I'm just going through a stage. At least it bothers me... that's kind of a feeling, isn't it?

Laziness is kind of a feeling too. I suck.

No comments: