When you say "far, far away", do you mean Kansas? Today I am not excited about because I have class at 3:30 and then right after that's over, I have to go to work. That would be "okay"... if it wasn't from 5:00 till midnight. I really don't feel like peddling ice cream to whords of hungry, near orgasmic sorority girls......... wait a minute! What's wrong with that?!?!
I kid, I kid. But seriously. I think as far as cover letters go, I'm just going to write one, and then go to some sites and make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. As long as I send SOMETHING in, I'll be happy with myself (this is for the Random House Internship). Once I get one cover letter written, then I think I will become an internship-applying fool, which is exciting.
I e-mailed Best Buy about my Fight Club DVD, which has still not arrived (I ordered it on 2/2/04, and they say it shipped on 2/15/04). Hopefully I hear back from them sometime soon. That'd be nice. It'd even be nicer if I walked out to my mailbox in a couple of hours and it was in there. I'm not holding my breath.
My story for my fiction writing class is well underway... sort of. I'm not sure if I like where it's going. In fact, as soon as I can think of a better story, I will try and start a different one. We'll see.... I still have a couple weeks before I am required to hand out copies to the class.
I watched Pieces of April yesterday.... I really enjoyed it. I'll probably buy it the next time resources are ample (not any time in the forseeable future). I didn't realize that it was directed by Peter Hedges, the man behind About a Boy and What's Eating Gilbert Grape. So... that's pretty cool. I have now seen all the performances by the Nominees for Best Supporting Actress except for the one from House of Sand and Fog. She probably won't win anyway, so... yeah. I think Patricia Clarkson has a chance... but I dunno that she'll be able to beat out the as-yet un-awarded Renee Zellweger, who I am guessing will get the "she's been nominated two other times and hasn't won yet and she's the better known of the five" Oscar. She was actually pretty good in Cold Mountain, sorry, Jason.... but I think Marcia Gay Harden and Holly Hunter both did really well in their roles. I don't know why I'm taking so much space to speculate about this.... ahhh well. I'll give you my picks closer to show time on Sunday night at 7:00.

No comments:
Post a Comment