Wha' Happen??? It's weird how quickly my moods change. Maybe it's true what they say about male "PMS". It must be my time of the month.
Yesterday I was fine, happy (unless you ask Jason... then maybe you could think I was volatile). We had 11" of snow this weekend, and were therefore treated to a snow day. Maybe that is where it all stemmed from. I got my schedule all thrown out of whack, and now that I'm the most unproductive slob that I've ever been (and I know it), I have the fires of Satan roaring within the folds of my brain. Allow me to explain a bit.
I woke up today at 10:30... appoximately six hours after I went to bed, and approximately two hours after I was supposed to be at a barber shop in Aggieville that would have made me $50.00 richer come Monday morning. 'Ah well' I thought... 'Today can still be productive.' Boy, was I wrong. Then I realized I was supposed to have met with my advisor during her office hours this morning at 10:30, so I quickley e-mailed her and cancelled. Then I began to read the assignment for my 11:30 class (the professor of which, I feel obligated to tell you, is in fact my advisor.) Some time during my reading, I fell asleep, and awoke at about 11:45, which, for those of you with no mental math skills or memories was fifteen minutes late for my first class.
DAHH!!
.... and I was doing so good!
..............was.
So I began reading for my 1:05 class. WELL... not really. I don't know what I did in the meantime, but I ended up skipping that class too.
I'm getting tired of writing, but there's not much more to tell.... I went shopping and actually pretty much doubled my wardrobe, thanks in part to the wonderful red-tag clearance at American Eagle. (note: the only productive part of my day). Then I went to work, and for some reason, my friends, I was pissed off the entire time I was there. I seriously thought about just telling Marvin "Look, I can't do this anymore. I'm going home, and I'm not coming back."
Did I have a good reason?
No. But then again, when you start to realize that your life is quickly merging onto the road to nowhere, and that your current commitments are doing nothing to straighten the wheel, you start thinking about these kinds of things.
I guess I don't really have to work right now.... I am getting pretty good financial aid (even though all of it is in loans that I will eventually have to pay back. But... those of you who know me know that I am nowhere near the ultra-thrifty, self controlled man I'd have to be in order to survive in the world without some form of "mad money" income.
Bah.
(note: this format is a tribute to my friends like Taylor who blog in a very "conversational manner" which I admire -- despite the poor imulation.)

No comments:
Post a Comment