I must be. Do I care? Not too much. A little. But not too much.
I am having a birthday party. Details will be distributed to those who I wish to be in attendance within the week... hopefully. If you feel you are supposed to attend and I have not invited you, please feel free to call me. I will either rectify the situation or confirm your sneaking suspicion that I do not enjoy your company. Either way...
I'm bound to arbitrarily leave people out. Moreover, people are bound not to come once invited. Here's the thing...
I want to have a fun birthday. I don't want drama. I don't want clandestine chats and sideways glances going on. I want there to be loud music. I want there to be free flowing beer (and/or soda, for those of you who chose not to imbibe). I want, I want, I want....
Speaking of which, still no one has chosen anything off my reasonable birthday gift wish list. I do not understand. Am I really so unworthy of your monetary donation towards my happiness?
Goodnight, my dear friends. Or... good morning. MAN it's late!

3 comments:
Ah, Sedge, I completely understand about the late/early posts. If you read my ugly Xanga (I can't help where my blog was born!) then you'll see that. I wish I could be around for your birthday shenanigans. The next time you're in "O-Town," give me a call and we'll do some celebrating of our own. And yes, it will involve Boulevard Wheat. You know, in case you were wondering...
Ahh! And Rent... oh, Rent was wonderful. Collins and Mark were the best I've seen. JoAnn was good, but not as fat as I imagine her being. Maureen was excellent as well. Roger -- not offensive, but not my favorite. He had a huge mouth though. This topic will warrant a phone conversation sometime, I can tell. Rent cannot be thoroughly discussed online. It just isn't possible.
Okay, I'm going to go have some Little Debbie snack cakes now. Hope you enjoyed your "anonymous" comment!
Ah, Skip. I totally heart you. Soon, we shall Boulevard Wheat together. (I like using beer-names as verbs!)
My friend who watched RENT in Topeka this weekend said Mimi had a lisp. True? We MUST discuss.
Anyway... soon, my friend, we shall hang. And Boulevard. And.......... yeah!
Yes, she had a bit of a lisp, but her overall voice was much less annoying to me than -- shit, I'm forgetting her name -- the Mimi on the original cast recording. Daphne Something, right? But oh, Collins... "I'll Cover You: Reprise" almost made me tear up. If I'd been sitting closer, I would have, I'm sure. "Tango: Maureen" was wonderful too. It was much more dance-involved than others I've seen. Mark also interpreted some of his lines differently than Anthony Rapp did, and it was really quite entertaining. Due to voice inflection reasons, though, it really IS impossible to convey that over the internet.
I don't know why I always seem to end my comment to go eat something (all both times now) but I think I'm going to go have lunch. Whee-ha. Talk to you soon, Sedge!
Post a Comment