Saturday, June 12

Weakend.

Yesterday was good. Today was good (except I had to work). Tomorrow I work as well... nine to five... like a regular stiff. So what am I still doing up? Writing to you of course. I FINALLY finished The Alchemist, which as you regulars know has been my book of the week for quite a long while, despite the fact that it was only a mere 160-ish pages long. Why did it take me so long? Because I cannot focus. But oh well. It was really good... really easy to read and pretty powerful. I can't decide where to go next in my reading quest. I think I'm going to try and finish up The Two Towers and then either read Catch-22 or start up the Chronicles of Narnia. I have so much that I want to read, and yet this summer is flying by!

I think I'm coming down with something (aside from my Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban obsession.... I saw it for the fifth time tonight.) My throat is soar and my ear is starting to ache. Also, my hair is very long... this is the longest I've gone without a haircut in quite sometime. How long can I go? Only time will tell.

With my birthday quickly approaching, it's time you started thinking about what it is that you want to get me. I've compiled a list here for you to pick and choose from. Let me know in the comments section what you plan to purchase so that I may remove it from the list.

- iPod
- laptop computer (preferably black)
- Six Feet Under Season 1 DVD
- Six Feet Under Season 2 DVD
- Mini Cooper (black or blue)
- plasma TV (42" or larger, please)
- eletric cello
- brown leather chair from Pier 1 Imports
- new cellular phone (preferably one with a camera and good games)
- X-box

Thank you for your gifts in advance, because I will probably so involved with whatever presents that you get me that I will probably forget to say thank you. Know that once you purchase one of these inexpensive items, you will have truly made my birthday a day worth remembering. Which reminds me of a joke a girl at work told me...

Did you know that Hellen Keller's parents built her a treehouse?

Neither did she.


Har har har. I'm evil. And sleepy.

By the way, my birthday's July 6th, people. It's really simple to remember. Here's the steps that I take mentally, although you may want to copy them down on a post-it note and adhere the note to your refridgerator or dashboard (depending on the stickiness of the note):

My birthday is two days after Independence Day.
The first Independence Day was in 1776.
The last two digits of 1776 are 7-6.
July is the 7th month and also the month of my birthday.
7-6 is the date of my birthday.

Simple, eh?

No comments: