Monday, November 8

Becomming the nerd I was born to be...

I'll give you the symptoms; you let me know:

- purchased the new Lord of the Rings: The Third Age RPG for my Gamecube.
- moved the Gamecube into my room so I could play it for long periods of time without 1.) annoying people and 2.) being annoyed by all the distractions that would invariably be commonplace were I to play in the living room
- have put in fifteen hours so far... I bought the game on Saturday
- now have a working knowledge of HP's and AP's
- skipped class today and layed in bed with the blinds closed for about six hours.
- haven't shaven, trimmed nails, or cut hair for quite some time.
- am wearing the same outfit I wore briefly on both Friday and Saturday

I thought I was beginning to smell B.O., and as many of you know, I am B.O.-phobic, so that would be pretty bad. I literally feel my image has taken some severe HP's here... but then again, it couldn't have gotten much lower than it was.

The game's pretty fun though. I've never really played a turn-based RPG before, and I never thought it'd be so exciting as it is. Still, my feelings are lukewarm at best. Don't worry, friends... it's not another Harry Potter.

Speaking of which, now that I'm poor as hell, I've decided that the next thing that I am going to buy (save some milk and bread and maybe some soap if I can't stretch it out long enough) between now and Thanksgiving is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I saw a commercial for the DVD online today and couldn't breath for about six minutes.

Have I eaten today?

2 comments:

Michael said...

I wasn't admitting to having B.O.... but the whole feeling like I was a nerd (or "geek" or whatever people who do the kinds of things I was doing for days on end and who shower and therefore do smell awfully bad) kind of made me a little paranoid.

Coincidentally I showered twice (once last night after FINISHING MY HOMEWORK (a rarity) and once when I woke up ON TIME FOR WORK). I even had time to trim my talons this morning, so I now hit only the keys on the keyboard that I intend to.

I'd be posting all this in the actual body of my blog, but for some reason the Macs at work don't allow me to do so. So... I'm typing here instead. Think of it as a nice secret little post for those more careful readers of the inner monologue that somehow manifests itself onto this jungle-green expanse of webspace.

Test tonight. Projected Grade: B+

Jason said...

So the RPG python has slowly begun wrapping itself around you eh? Tis I grasp I know all to well my friend...