Wednesday, November 10

Lost!

In honor of Lost, which on tonight, I thought I'd inform you all of the things I know I'm missing (NOTE: since I do so so often, I will not be including DVDs in this list, but know that that list has grown, and once I update my inventory, I'll be sure to post it here so that you can all start looking.)

- student ID
- Intro to Music Syllabus
- Botany notebook

That's really about it... it felt like more, but then again I'm always kind of overreacting. Chances are I threw one or more of the items into the trash during one of my purging sessions, but who knows? If you see any loose papers fluttering around in the gutter, you might pick em up and see. Thanks in advance.

Right now I'm at work, and I'm using my boss's computer which actually allows me to post on my blog (the one I use is inept). What's more, I get to listen to iTunes radio, which is nice, except for now the ambient alternative sounds of my music are in competition with a co-worker's religious station. Oh wait. She turned it off. That's nice.

I played only about thirty minutes worth of LOTR: Third Age last night, so that's promising. Since I can't find my lab notebook and therefore cannot do any homework, I did a Google search of my name earlier (as any bored narcissist would) and found that my blog actually comes up. I thought that was exciting. Also appearing were some news articles from my old days in Science Olympiad, a mention of some academic award I got back when I was smart, and a write-up of and pictures from a Mardi Gras party I did some decorating for back when I lived in Putnam (probably right around the time I started my blog). They didn't show or even mention the most ingenious portion of my decorative work, which were some awnings I created with butcher block paper, but whatever. Not like I'm bitter.

What other mundane things can I tell you? I baked myself a frozen pizza last night for dinner. It was a DiGiorno thin crust with chicken, spinach, and tomato. It was really very good, although I've decided that I want to throw my pizza stone in the trash and buy myself a good old orthodox pizza pan. I also need a new cookie sheet because I threw my old one away after it kind of got ruined when a friend cooked some squash on it and then left it there. Meh. If we're being honest, I really could do with a good deal of new kitchen equipment. My pots and pans, especially my big pot which was damaged last Halloween when my friend wore it on his head as his costume (a "pothead"... my idea... didn't think it through very well) should probably be replaced, and my steak/cutting knives really kind of suck. I also dislike my toaster, which has the unfortunate habit of allowing bread slices and pop tarts to get stuck in its wirey grip, causing interesting odors and difficult to clean messes.

Back to the pizza for a moment, I burnt myself pretty nicely when I tried to take it out of the oven. I only touched the oven wrack for a split second, but there is a nice second degree burn on my wrist. It has turned kind of an opalescent lavender color which is fun I guess.

Sigh. I can't think of anything else to ramble about, so I suppose I'll let you get on with your life. As always, thanks for reading. Hope we can do it again sometime.

6 comments:

Jason said...

That show continues to run around in pointless circles. Every episode contains 5 minutes of storyline and untold eons of plot retreading. It's more a soap opera than an adventure.

Jason said...

Alas, I'm still holding out hope that all the crazy fun stuff will surface...I wish HBO had made that show instead.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaaamen.

I'm trying really, REALLY hard to like "Lost", but dammit, where is it GOING and when is something going to HAPPEN?

And the previews for next week annoyed me greatly.

-Commandant Logan

Michael said...

yeah, I missed 'Lost' last night because I went to see Manhattan High's production of Les Miserables (which I thought was an interesting selection for a high school musical, but... oh well) and I can't really say that I am too upset that I missed it. I've been a faithful watcher because I'm really hoping there're some radioactive giant mutated Koalas or (better) dinosaurs... but I'm getting pretty sick of having to find out every effing character's backstory in the midst of seeing the Iraqi failing to put up his radio shit or whatever. If they are going to go through every character, it'll be the third season before we find anything interesting. And the cave/waterfall looks like a display from a shopping mall. The obsession is waning.

Michael said...

Oh, and I found my botany notebook. It was under the coffee table, duh!

Jason said...

Yeah, where are the crazy monsters from the forest? Why isn't ANYONE investigating the radio signal? Why doesn't the main doctor guy tell anyone about seeing his father? Instead of exploring all these fun, bizarre circumstances, we'll probably get another story about how the fat guy was teased at his job back home and he just really wishes he had some friends. Also, does anyone else think the pregnant girl looks like entirely too pregnant (i.e. I have a beach ball stuffed up my dress)?