Sunday, November 14

Sunday.

I don't know what to do today. I'd really like to get out of the apartment and do something exciting, but the thought of getting out of the apartment and doing something exciting seems boring to me. Ever have one of those days? I'm trying to think of things that are free (or relatively cheap) that I've really been wanting to do, but it seems as though everything I want to do is what I usually do anyway, and so it's just another blase occurance in my increasingly blase life. Still, maybe I could go to the art museum or the prairie. Or maybe I could just sit at home all day and do laundry and get some homework done!!! Riiiiiiiiight.

Dad came up this morning. He was in town for a BSA campout this weekend and so on his way of town stopped by for breakfast (I thought it'd be closer to lunch, but apparently they all wanted to get back to Olathe so they could see the Chiefs game.) So we went to McDonald's. The big excitement there was that there was a mouse running along the wood-trim ledge of a soffit (I dunno how to spell that, but it's a lowered part of a cieling usually built in to incorporate duct work or something of that nature... so there's your new vocab word.) As we watched it (we being my father and my friends Dave and April and April's family, who happened to be at McD's when we got there), it slipped and fell on the floor. It layed there kicking it's legs in the air for a second and then stopped moving. We thought it died, but then the resilient little fucker got back up. Then a heroic and Mexican McDonald's team member caught it in a Super Size cup and took it in the back, where I assume they will process it and fry it up with the rest of the McNuggets in time for lunch.

So that was exciting.

We played poker last night, and I came in second place (which never happens). Angie Harness, an old friend from high school (and junior high and elementary), is/was in town and called me, but since they were going to the bars (which close at two) and we didn't finish playing until two, I didn't get a chance to meet her out. That all kind of sucks because I haven't seen or spoken to Angie (our brief phone conversation aside) for literally three years... maybe more. Maybe she's still in town? I dunno. Maybe that's something fun I could do today. Who knows?

The thing that really surprised me is that Angie, who upon leaving for college was unmoving in her resolve to be called "Angela", referred to herself as Angie. I loved it...

ANYWAY... let's hope I can manage to find SOMETHING more fun and exciting than sitting here watching clips from HP3 over and over between cat naps, which is what I did a lot of yesterday. I think I'll start by taking a shower with my new hyper-expensive shampoo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Then a heroic and Mexican McDonald's team member caught it in a Super Size cup and took it in the back, where I assume they will process it and fry it up with the rest of the McNuggets in time for lunch."

Silly Michael, MexDonald's would never, ever do such a thing!

After all, they stopped serving McNuggets last year.

-Paper Hat Logan

Anonymous said...

Funny how you always felt like you were never a part of my life, or didn't really mean what you wanted to mean.... I guess the tables have turned.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jason said...

Good old expensive shampoo, it may not do anything different than cheap shampoo, but I like to think it does.